Summertime is finally here which means you’re probably looking forward to upcoming vacations! We want to make sure you’re safe while you and your family are traveling. Here’s a checklist to make sure you have a safe and fun trip this summer:
- Carry Your Medication – If you have medications make sure to carry them on you with labels in the event of an emergency.
- Get Immunized – Find out if you should get any immunizations prior to travel, especially international travel.
- Bring Your Emergency Contact Information – Keep emergency contact information on hand.
- Email Your Itinerary to Someone – Make sure someone knows your itinerary and that you check in periodically in the event of an emergency.
- Contact Your Credit Card Company or Bank – Many banks and credit card companies will flag a card for fraud if you’re out of state or use your card at an unfamiliar business. Make sure your cards aren’t frozen while you’re traveling. Also, don’t take all your credit cards with you.
- Use the Safety Deposit Box in Your Hotel – If you’re taking items like jewelry or extra cash, store them in your safety deposit box.
- Keep Safe While Traveling by Car – Remember to keep your vehicle locked while traveling and keep an emergency car kit on hand. If you must leave valuables in the car, make sure they are hidden.
- Know the Area – If you want to explore your destination, ask at the front desk of your hotel if there are any areas you should avoid.
- Stay Hydrated – Drink water. On hot and humid days drink water at least every 20 minutes.
- Don’t Advertise You are Away – Stop the mail, have lights on a timer, and wait to post those great pics on social media until you have returned.
If you’re planning on renting a car while traveling, you may want to consider adding a collision damage waiver to cover your rental vehicle.